Recovering at home in Australia

Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve written on my blog as I’ve been concentrating on resting and getting better. I had the operation 12 days ago now and I’m really pleased with how I feel. Dr Lam and all his team at the Sydney’s North Shore Private Hospital did a great job and made me feel totally relaxed and comfortable. I took the bandages off 5 days after the operation and the incisions are incredibly small and the swelling is gradually reducing day by day. The doctor said to start putting weight on it almost straight after the op so I can keep the movement up for a faster return, but I have to be very careful with it.

Of course Ally has been keeping me occupied around the house, she is a great distraction for me whilst I’m laid up and I’m very thankful for that! It’s nice to be back in Australia around family and friends at a time like this, everybody has been helping us out and it’s been much appreciated.

I have a check up on Thursday but there is still no confirmation of when I’ll be able to return back on track. Like I’ve always said, I’ve got my own goals set for my return, but it just depends on the ankle and the recovery. The frustrating thing is that I feel i could have just kept racing but if I had crashed on it again, the damage could have been huge.

Next weekend we’re going to take a trip to the V8 race in Sandown. It will be nice to get out of the house and catch up with our friends down there, so I’m really looking forward to that.

Hopefully the recovery keeps going to plan and I’ll be back racing as soon as possible!

See you next time,


9/11/12 11:46 AM


Tinggalkan Balasan

Isikan data di bawah atau klik salah satu ikon untuk log in:


You are commenting using your account. Logout / Ubah )

Gambar Twitter

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Logout / Ubah )

Foto Facebook

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Logout / Ubah )

Foto Google+

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Logout / Ubah )

Connecting to %s